Monday, October 17, 2005

Music

I have been hearing Gabriel Faure's Pavane all my life I realized tonight. I remember hearing it as a child on the university of Illinois station in Chicago. Such a pretty song; the Dallas Symphony program on WRR just played it. That and 'Spanish Dances.' You sometimes think that if they aren't one of the classical fossils they never make it on these programs but not so. Also Mr. Haas, such a lovely show I was confused I heard he had died but it continued, did die at 82 earlier this year I just went to his website for details on the Schubert, just had a selection of syncopation from Schubert, Symphony No. 8 (Unfinished), Philips 64516, that was really nice. Why do they write such things? Because, as Mr. Morris said of 'Clinton,' they can? Such a statement reminds you of the French revolution as described in Leftism below in a sobering way. I also happened by the gas station that WBAP did a program on pre-
Rita where they said people were gas hoarding. There were a lot of people there when I went to St. Paul, nobody but the panhandlers when I cam back, out of gas but not of free Monday coffee, that chocolate with spiced a little pumpkin is great, after a Cowboy victory. The reason., 265 gas; it's 287 out where I live. Of course that is the same differential it was pre-Rita when there was plenty of higher price gas. Didn't have any polemic value today; the TV had pictures of folks at the pump but the price was out of focus. To paraphrase an old saying, the brave man dies only once; the coward watches TV. Thank you Karl for your conveying music to us, and thank you for having your last name the same as my middle name. You were fortunate I think to have your Jewishness, and thank you to America for accepting you and it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool blog you have. I have a clarinet solo transcriptions
related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is clarinet solo transcriptions