Sunday, April 08, 2012

Oh Lord! Please don't let me be misunderstood

Happy to run into the definition of "the hapless human being , the shlemihl, who has anticipated nothing*." That's kind of me the last few days though. DB at Volokh Conspiracy deleted my comment where I agreed with him and my comments at Althouse have disappeared after I took on her 'just kidding' about Jesus having a Platinum membership in Rasmussen polling and wanted some matzo ball soup. That could however have been external to Althouse. We'll see with a recent comment on the presidential detail in the Columbia prostitution scandal. It's been the season for shlemihl or 'Please don't let me be misunderstood' lately. Trayvon went out wearing a hoodie but didn't want to be seen as a hood and died for it. Women have been taking BCPs and don't want to be taken out of the polis as 'sluts' by El Rushbo and will take out the Republicans, who also might feel misunderstood.

* page 66, The New Yorker, Jan 12 2009, in an article on Hannah Arendt, 'The woman who redefined evil.'

No comments: